““No Question one of my ultimate favourites right here out of 36,000 tunes in the Trilakes database” DJ Beast, Trilakes Radio, Colorado, USA – On “Curses”” - DJ Beast
— Trilakes Radio, Colorado, USA – On “Curses”
Shop Front Heroes are a five piece, original rock band from Mid-Wales. Described as an "intelligent bombardment" by Adam Walton on BBC Radio Wales, their style smacks you with rock, pop, classic rock and alternative with a taste for the epic and grandiose.
Members Stevie Yeomans (Lead Vocals and Piano), Jake Owen,(Lead Guitar) Matt Whitehouse (Drums) and Stuart Hill (Bass) were school friends and have known and made music with each other from way back in the day.
With the addition of Tom Jaques (Guitar), they formed Shop Front Heroes in early 2017 with clear intentions: #SavingBritishRock
Recent success includes a headline show at Lakefest 2019 and Camper Calling 2021 on the BBC Introducing stage with great reviews:
"Band Of The Stage. A class act Go watch 'em!! - Festivals For All
"Great entertainment. One of the best bands we saw all weekend" - Slap Magazine
2019 also saw the band release their debut single and video "Kicking In (Jonny)" with tremendous success and airplay all over the world, including regular plays on BBC Introducing.
Second single "Curses" was released in March 2020 followed by third single "You Can't Decide Who Makes Your Heart Beat Faster" in Autumn 2020 to critical acclaim.
Shop Front Heroes are delighted to announce that they will be in Rockfield Studios in Spring 2022 to record their much anticipated debut album.
Please contact the band at firstname.lastname@example.org for bookings and enquiries.
Quotes And Reviews
- “One of the best 2020 tracks we’ve airplayed” – Radio KC, Paris, France – On “Kicking In (Jonny)”
- “Band of the week” – Rikki Roxx – RadioRox100, Detroit, USA
- “No Question one of my ultimate favourites right here out of 36,000 tunes in the Trilakes database” – DJ Beast, Trilakes Radio, Colorado, USA – On “Curses”
- We need to speak about Shop Front Heroes. I love playing these guys on my show. A great five piece from Wales. A must listen but so much more… so go see them live too” – DJ Terrier – Rock Radio UK
- “Shop Front Heroes played the festival set of the weekend. They absolutely smashed it with a raw energy that left the audience transfixed” – Andrew Marston, BBC Introducing – Hopfest 2018
- “An intelligent bombardment” – Adam Walton, BBC Wales
- Review of Lakefest 2019 from Slap Magazine
- “Taking shelter once again in the BBC marquee, we were entertained by one of the best bands we saw all weekend in the shape of Shop Front Heroes who gave us an eclectic mix of original numbers. The multi-talented front man played keyboards and guitar; sometimes at the same time. The genre of music was difficult to categorize but it was good original music and a power outage did not put them off as they simply went acoustic. Great entertainment and I will definitely seek them out again.”
- Review of Lakefest 2019 from FestivalsForAll
- “We drifted in and out of reality, oh sorry, the BBC Introducing Stage, throughout the weekend, and band of the stage for FFA were the excellent Shop Front Heroes. Difficult to define – as the best band’s should be, there is a commendable multi-layered talent and professionalism to these guys. So it proved when they suffered a power outage mid set. Displaying composure the envy of many a headliner, singer and multi-instrumentalist Stevie Yeomans simply picked up an acoustic guitar and delivered a blistering bluesy ballad ‘Come Find Me’ on the fly. A bit of a class act these guys. Go watch ‘em.”
- BBC Introducing Shropshire – On “You Can’t Decide”
- S – “I love that, it’s slow tempoed but you just get absorbed by it. Shop Front Heroes. If you are liking what you hear, they also do some heavier and upbeat tracks – it just shows the range that they can perform.”
- M – “Do you know what I’m loving about that so much? The first time I listened to it, it just hugs you with the sound of the harmonies, they’re just so so good.”
- S – “It just shows you how good performers they are, because that is quite a stripped back production, and it leaves everything open for criticism – if there’s anything slightly wrong, you’ll be able to pick up on it. But there’s nothing, there’s absolutely nothing, it’s beautiful.”
- Simon Berry - BBC Shropshire on “Budokan (The Lesson)”
- “Honestly this song’s brilliant. I’m gonna as far as saying this is the best Shop Front Heroes song. Which is a difficult thing to say.”
- “How brilliant is that? That is one of my favourite songs from Shop Front Heroes. Just brilliant. You know when this comes out you’ll be getting absolute quality. That blows my mind. Fantastic.”
- BBC Introducing Shropshire – Budokan (The Lesson)
- “This track has stuck with me since I pressed play on it”
- “What a tune that is”
- “Absolutely stuck in my head”